Lisa at Double Door Ranch left me the sweetest little surprise the other day. Not only did I find a comment on my blog (comments seriously make my day/week/month/year) but I also found that I was nominated for a Leibster award. Lisa is a fellow blogger who’s DIY skills, creativity and dry sense of humour put all of mine to shame. Clearly, I was more than honoured to receive this nod from her! Seriously her blog it great, check her out!
What is a Liebster award? Well, I wasn’t quite certain of that myself but after a little bit of research I learned that it is an award created by bloggers to support other bloggers (awesome right?!). It recognizes the hard work and time often put into these little labour of loves and also seconds as a fantastic networking tool.
Now, there are some rules…
- The nominator should be thanked (Thanks again Lisa!).
- You must answer the eleven questions you were given.
- Then nominate 11 (give or take!) blogs with less than 500 (some research tells me 1000) followers.
- Finally tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog. That way they know they have been recognized!
Questions I was asked and my answers:
- How long have you been blogging? I have been blogging on an off for about three years!
- Do you have a day job in addition to your blog? I sure do! I am a registered nurse who happens to be lucky enough to work in a fabulous children’s hospital called the IWK (Atlantic Canada’s pediatric tertiary care centre). I spent five+ years working in the Neonatal ICU and am currently working in the Pediatric ICU and loving every minute of it!
- Kids: have ‘em, want ‘em? Negatory on the kids, unsure if they will be in my future! Love ’em, just don’t know if I want ’em!
- Geometric or floral? (context: anything) Oh goodness, I love both! If I had to pick, floral would be my jam (shoes, dresses, wall paper, undies and anything else haha).
- What have your most popular post topics been? By far the hands-on, DIY stuff I have done!
- What accomplishment are you most proud of? Another toughie. I am pretty proud to do what I do for a living! I love my job and feel lucky to have found a little niche for myself.
- Heels, flats, workboots? Heels. I am a total shoe whore…
- What is your most prized possession? Probably the one-dollar key I have been lugging around on my neck for the past decade! Unless living things count, then my kitties would take the cake ( but do you own animals or are they more like little, furry roommates?),
- If you could pick another city to live in, what would it be? Hmm…somewhere exotic and fabulous with beaches and wine. A place where people will love to come and visit me (maybe Croatia?).
- Milk chocolate or dark chocolate? Dark baby.
- What is your favourite season? Fall. Boots, tights, scarves and the air smells and feels crisp and clean. It doesn’t get much better than that!
My Nominees (don’t be offended if you have more than the specified number of followers, I just thing your blogs are great!)
- Brass Wishbone
- The Little Green Spoon
- North Story
- Sara Russell Interiors
- Inspire Me Heather
- Design Maze
- Stylish and Literate
- Squirrelly Minds
- Satori Desgin For Living
- Re: Creative Works
My Questions for Nominees!
- Why did you start blogging?
- Wall paper; yay or nay?
- Where do you like to blog?
- What is your hot beverage of choice?
- What inspires you?
- Cook, clean or neither?
- What is your favourite flower?
- Do you blog for a living or have another identity (if so what is it?)?
- What do you enjoy blogging about the most?
- Do you have an epic DIY fail story? If so, details!
Your turn guys! Thanks for the nod and all of the DIY inspiration Lisa!